Several of my followers have asked that I post some of my pre-blog travelogues, so I will, over time, post them here. Happy reading…again!
A fantastic and moving trip to view some of the mythical places from the American civil rights movement in the south.
Civil Rights Road Trip (December 2012)
A two-month assignment working in a small town in Haiti after the devastating earthquake of 2010.
In July 2004, my husband and I moved to Bangalore, India. He was posted as the Regional Representative for Norwegian Church Aid, one of Norway’s largest NGOs. I went along for the ride. In 2005 we moved to Colombo, Sri Lanka. Here are some of the letters I sent to friends and family in 2004 and 2005 about our life and travels in South Asia.
1. Destination India, First Impressions (21 July 2004)
2. Driving in Bangalore, Eating in Bangalore (24 July 2004)
3. Visa, Staples, Glue and an Angel (29 July 2004)
4. Water, Toilets, Ambassadors and Pondicherry (17 August 2004)
5. Shopping, Driving, Complaining in India (25 August 2004)
6. Visit to Sri Lanka (September 2004)
7. Driving (Part III) and Getting Screwed in Bangalore (17 October 2004)
8. A Garden, a Dinner Party, the Dalai Lama and a Palace (5 December 2004)
9. Signs, Shopping, Kerala (15 December 2004)
10. Notes from the South Asia Tsunami 2004 (29 December 2004)